- Cinderella: Ella/Ella Mills
- Prince: Thomas/The Prince/Henry Mills (allusion)
- Stepmother: Lady Tremaine/Rapunzel Tremaine/Anastasia's mother (allusion)
- Stepsisters: Clorinda and Tisbe Tremaine/Drizella and Anastasia Tremaine/Anastasia Scarlet (allusion)
- Fairy Godmother: Fairy Godmother/Fairy Godmother
- Household Mice: Gus/Felipe
- King: The King
Generally, the story goes that a girl mistreated by her wicked stepmother and stepsisters, who treat her like a slave and derisively nickname her "Cinderella", as cleaning the fireplace covers her in cinders. One day, Cinderella hears of a royal ball that her stepfamily will be attending. Cinderella wishes to go to the ball, but is prevented from doing so by her stepmother and stepsisters. On the night of the royal ball, Cinderella laments being unable to attend, until she is visited by her fairy godmother. The fairy godmother turns her rags into a beautiful dress adorned with jewels and finery. Cinderella's mouse friends are turned into coachmen, and the fairy picks a large pumpkin from the garden and transforms it into a magnificent carriage. Cinderella is able to attend the royal ball, but her fairy godmother warns her to be home before midnight, as that is when the spell breaks.
Cinderella arrives at the ball as an enigmatic maiden who nobody recognizes. The prince is drawn to her almost immediately and they dance exclusively with each other. However, when the clock strikes midnight, Cinderella suddenly remembers the fairy godmother's warning and flees, although in her hurry she leaves behind a glass slipper. Discovering the slipper, the prince later declares that every eligible maiden must try on the slipper to determine the identity of the mysterious woman. Cinderella's stepsisters take desperate measures to try and fit into the slipper (including cutting off pieces of their feet) but ultimately Cinderella ends up trying on the slipper, which fits perfectly. Overjoyed to reunite with Cinderella, the prince marries her and they live happily ever after.
Once Upon a Time adaptation(s)
- There are two versions of Cinderella; Ella from the original Enchanted Forest, and Ella Mills from the New Enchanted Forest.
- The second iteration of Lady Tremaine is amalgamated with Rapunzel to become Rapunzel Tremaine.
- In both versions, the Fairy Godmother is murdered; the first by Rumplestiltskin and the second by Rapunzel Tremaine.
- While the first Ella marries Prince Thomas, the second Ella seeks to kill the Prince in an act of revenge, as the royal family is responsible for her stepfather's death.
- The first Ella gives birth to a daughter named Alexandra, while the second has a daughter named Lucy.
- The second iteration of Cinderella marries Henry Mills instead of the Prince.
- S1, E04: "The Price of Gold"
- S6, E03: "The Other Shoe"
- S7, E01: "Hyperion Heights"