The Crimson Crown is a magical toadstool on ABC's Once Upon a Time.
- The Crimson Crown can be used to communicate through magical barriers.
- It is associated with the planet Mercury, and the element of air.
- It may be used as a fertility charm. Some use the Crimson Crown to aid with astral travel, which is known to be dangerous.
- Some associate this fungus with Dionysus.
- There are a number of other folk magic uses for the Crimson Crown, and one may incorporate them at a symbolic level, rather than actually eating them.
- Their other name, Vermiculus coronam, is Latin for "crimson crown".
- Apparently, the Crimson Crown can only be used by someone chosen by Merlin.
- S5, E03: "Siege Perilous"