Drizella Tremaine is a character on Once Upon a Time. She is the daughter of Lady Tremaine, and Ella's stepsister. In Hyperion Heights, Drizella becomes Ivy Belfrey, who works for her mother, but there is more to her than meets the eye. She is portrayed by Adelaide Kane, with her younger selves portrayed by Anna Cathcart and Lula Mae Melench. Her gallery is here.
Drizella was born with the gift of magic, but her mother Rapunzel Tremaine forces her to repress it. Some time after the deaths of her sister Anastasia and her father Marcus, Drizella attends the auction at Tiana's castle, but fails to find anything of value. Before going to the royal ball, Drizella and Rapunzel confront Cinderella's fairy godmother, before Rapunzel kills the fairy with her own wand. At the royal ball, Drizella attempts to ingratiate herself with the Prince so that he will marry her. The Prince rejects Drizella, although his younger brother Gregor takes a shine to her, prompting Rapunzel to murder the Prince so his brother gets the throne. When Henry is caught helping Cinderella escape, Rapunzel has him captured and orders Drizella to kill him. Before Drizella can carry out the murder, however, she is magically thrown across the room by Henry's mother Regina. Later, while searching for magic, Drizella and Regina meet again. This time, Regina feels sympathy for her, seeing herself in Drizella. She eventually decides to teach Drizella how to use her own magic, until she realizes that Tremaine wants Drizella to learn magic so she can sacrifice Drizella's heart and revive Anastasia. When Drizella finds out her mother's plans, she kills her fiancé Prince Gregor to deliberately darken her own heart so it is useless to Rapunzel, before deciding her punish her mother further by casting the Dark Curse.
Ivy Belfrey is an assistant at Belfrey Towers, working for her mother Victoria Belfrey. When Victoria arrives, asking why Lucy has not shown up. Ivy says that she has been trying, but Victoria tells her to stop trying and start succeeding. She eventually finds Lucy, and gives Lucy's storybook to Rogers. Ivy is instructed to take Lucy trick-or-treating on Halloween, which is the last thing Ivy would rather be doing. However, she is afraid of her mother's disapproval and does so anyway, although Ivy ends up losing Lucy. With Henry's help, she manages to find Lucy and bring her back home. Afterwards, Ivy goes to Roni's where she has a drink with Henry and tells him to meet her at Belfrey Towers, as she has dirt on Victoria. Roni meets up with her instead on Henry's behalf, and together they venture into Victoria's secret room, only to find it empty. Later, Ivy returns to the room and meets with Gothel, who praises Ivy on fooling Victoria into believing she is the one in charge as well as getting trust from Henry and Roni. Ivy insists that Gothel calls her "Drizella", revealing that she remembers everything. With Gothel's help, Drizella acquires enough magic to wake Roni from the curse - or rather, Regina. She tells Regina that Henry and Cinderella must not share true love's kiss, which would break the curse, due to dangerous consequences that only Drizella and Regina are aware of. Drizella manages to get Victoria arrested for keeping Gothel - or "Eloise Gardener" - as a prisoner, having poisoned Sam Ochotta, the only known person in connection to Eloise, to motivate Rogers into looking further into the investigation.
Drizella was born with magic, which strengthened after she trained with Regina:
- Telekinesis: Drizella can magically move objects without touching them.
- Elemental Control: She can also magically control plants.
- Heart-Ripping: She needed to use the heart of the thing she loves most to cast the curse.
- Teleportation: Drizella can teleport herself.
- She is a different iteration of one of Cinderella's stepsisters from the fairytale Cinderella.
- Additionally, Drizella is based on one of Rapunzel's children from the fairytale Rapunzel.
- Her PictYourThis account name is "TheReal_IvyB".
- Drizella is one of the few in Hyperion Heights to keep their memories, alongside her mother and the Witch.
Behind the Scenes
- Ivy Belfrey's scenes were cut from the episode "The Garden of Forking Paths".
However, Adelaide Kane is still credited in the episode's press release.
- Drizella is the main antagonist of Season 7. She is the second main antagonist whose role as the main antagonist was not revealed until mid-way through their story arc, the other being Nimue.
- S7, E01: "Hyperion Heights"
- S7, E02: "A Pirate's Life"
- S7, E04: "Beauty"
- S7, E05: "Greenbacks"
- S7, E06: "Wake Up Call"
- S7, E07: "Eloise Gardener"
- S7, E08: "Pretty in Blue"
- S7, E09: "One Little Tear"