To prevent him from saving Aurora, the evil sorceress Maleficent transforms him into a beast known as the Yaoguai, until Belle uses fairy dust on him to turn him back into a human. Phillip befriends Mulan and they go on their search to find princess Aurora.
After the Dark Curse is broken, Phillip and Mulan find Aurora under a sleeping curse, surrounded by thorns. Phillip wakes Aurora with true love's kiss, but the three of them are attacked by a wraith. Unknown to Aurora and Mulan, Phillip is marked by the wraith and sacrifices himself to keep the two safe by letting the wraith consume his soul. Eventually, Aurora and Mulan manage to resurrect him. He, Aurora and Mulan finds Neal unconscious.
It is revealed that Phillip and Aurora are having a baby. One day, he and Aurora meet up to have lunch when they see the second Dark Curse rolling in, bringing all of the inhabitants of Storybrooke back to the Enchanted Forest. Afterwards, Phillip and Aurora discuss whether or not they should tell "her". He and Aurora eventually confess to Snow and David that Zelena wants their baby, and that she told them to tell her when Snow and David arrived, explaining that Zelena threatened Aurora, Phillip and their baby if they did not do as she said. Zelena then arrives, and turns Phillip and Aurora into flying monkeys, and they fly away. When Zelena is defeated, Phillip and all of the other flying monkeys return to their human form.
- Phillip is based on the prince from the fairytale Sleeping Beauty.
- It is currently unknown how Aurora and Mulan resurrected Phillip, but it is suggested that they retrieved his soul from a world similar to the Netherworld.
- S2, E01: "Broken"
- S2, E11: "The Outsider" (flashback)
- S2, E22: "...And Straight On 'Til Morning"
- S3, E01: "The Heart of the Truest Believer"
- S3, E12: "New York City Serenade" (flashback)
- S3, E19: "A Curious Thing" (flashback)