The Rise of the Mills Dynasty is an event on ABC's Once Upon a Time.
- After proving her ability to spin straw into gold, Cora rises in status and power from a miller's daughter to a prince's bride.
- While engaged, Cora has an affair with her mentor, the Dark One, Rumplestiltskin.
- They initially plan on eloping together, but Cora's mind is changed by Xavier.
- Cora rips out her own heart to rid herself of the love she feels for Rumplestiltskin and betrays him, staying with the royals and eventually marrying Prince Henry.
- However, the Mills dynasty is threatened, as Cora, Henry and Regina do not become the kingdom's rulers for reasons unknown.
- S2, E16: "The Miller's Daughter" (flashback)