After being imprisoned, Rumplestiltskin waited for the Dark Curse, but since it did not happen, he remained imprisoned.
Regina comes across Rumplestiltskin's prison, and is convinced to set him free since the world technically is not real. She makes a deal with the Dark One so that since she freed him, he must procure for her a magic bean so she and Emma can return to Storybrooke. When searching for Belle, he finds her dead and seeks revenge against Regina, locking her in his dungeon. Regina, however, manages to escape Rumplestiltskin's castle with help from Robin of Locksley.
Eventually, Rumplestiltskin manages to escape the Wish Realm and into the Land Without Magic. In Hyperion Heights, he kills Dr. Facilier and confronts the original Rumplestiltskin. In order to lure Henry to the Wish Realm, he kidnaps his wife and daughter. When Henry acquires his pen, however, Henry of the Wish Realm takes it and uses it to benefit himself and Wish Rumplestiltskin by removing the Guardian's power.
- Immortality: Rumple, as a Dark One, is insensitive to time and most weapons and injuries except those caused by the Dark One's Dagger.
- Telekinesis: Rumple can control the movement of people or objects, such as opening a door without touching it.
- Teleportation: Rumple can move objects or himself in a cloud of smoke, as when he appears several times suddenly or when he changes people's clothes magically.
- In reality, the Dark Curse did work and Rumplestiltskin was transported to Storybrooke until the curse broke, and he travelled to Manhattan to reunite with his son.
Behind the Scenes
- Rumplestiltskin is the main antagonist of the two-part series finale, effectively serving as the last antagonist of the series.
- S6, E10: "Wish You Were Here"
- S6, E11: "Tougher Than The Rest"
- S7, E13: "Knightfall" (flashback)
- S7, E20: "Is This Henry Mills?"
- S7, E21: "Homecoming"
- S7, E22: "Leaving Storybrooke"