Somehow, Walsh manages to get from Kansas to another realm, Oz. There, he pretends to be a wizard and calls himself "Oz the Great and Terrible". However, he is a collector of magical items which allow him to maintain this illusion. When Zelena goes to see him, he gives her a pair of silver slippers which allow her to travel to any realm she desires. Zelena, wanting to take her sister Regina's place in assisting Rumplestiltskin in casting the first Dark Curse, travels to the Enchanted Forest. However, she eventually returns, having somehow turned green with the envy she feels against her sister. Zelena discovers that "Oz the Great and Terrible" is nothing more than a charlatan. Wanting to make use of Walsh, Zelena transforms him into a flying monkey loyal to her.
After eight months of being in a relationship, Walsh and Emma Swan meet up a restaurant, where he eventually proposes to her. Emma tells him that she needs to take her time and think this through before she can give him an answer. However, when she is given a potion by Hook which restores her real memories, Emma decides to return to Storybrooke and declines Walsh's marriage proposal. It is then that Walsh reveals that he is actually a flying monkey and attacks Emma. Emma knocks him off the top of a building, where he falls to his demise.
- Flying monkeys (family)
- He is based on the Wizard and the head flying monkey from The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.
- Walsh may be named after Pat Walshe, who portrayed Nikko, the head flying monkey, in the 1939 film adaption, The Wizard of Oz.
- Zelena probably sent Walsh to keep an eye on Emma Swan in New York to prevent her from ever going to Storybrooke.
- While in New York, he owned a furniture store called Wizard Of Oak.
- S3, E12: "New York City Serenade"
- S3, E16: "It's Not Easy Being Green" (flashback)
- S3, E20: "Kansas" (flashback)